Picture

Picture
Me, my wife Kayla, I am holding Ellie, she is holding Hannah.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

The seriousness of synovial chondromatosis

Just wanted to share this, yesterday a lady from the UK has messaged me on Twitter, she was just telling me good luck with my recovery and that she has synovial chondromatosis as well. So I just said to her back asking when she had surgery for hers, she told me that she had surgery 7 times and had a knee replacement and it still came back. As we messaged more, she told me that no doctors around her will operate anymore and that the only doctors that will is in the USA.

To me this is crazy, I really didn't think this was that bad seeing that, from I read, that this has only a 25% chance of returning. I am thinking that it could be more because some of the medical websites say that the it is common to come back. As in it is still there in the back of my leg, I do expect to have surgery for it again in the coming years, and if it would come back in the other places that it looks to have been removed, then it comes back.

This just shows how serious that this disease that is generally unknown is. I wish that someone could figure out why this happens and that because no one literally does no know. I just pray that the lady that messaged me can get hers figured out because overall, this disease is just crazy. I know that I'm not the only one out there that hopes for a cure and that someone can figure out why this and PVNS happens, since they are sorta similar and no one knows why either happens or a cure for them besides surgery which doesn't work all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment