Picture

Picture
Me, my wife Kayla, I am holding Ellie, she is holding Hannah.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Home from the hospital!!

So on Monday 12/17 I had my surgery.  Got to the hospital at about 6:00 am, Then found out that I didn't need to be there until 7:00 am because they aren't giving me any pain blockers.  My surgery was set for around 10:00 am because the doctor had an easy surgery to do before me. I went in, signed in then they took me to my holding room until they take me back for surgery.  I got naked and put on one of those hospital dresses and got into the bed.  They did a bunch of tests on me, got me hooked up with a IV, then my family came back.  As I was laying there I saw the doctor walked up to my door and gave me the signal to let's get this thing rolling. So I went back to start surgery at like 9:30 am.  Got back to the room, and I remember that it was really cold in there.  I got in there and probably said about 100 times, remember to take out the urinary catheter please before I wake up, and I remember the doctor saying the same thing when he walked into the room.  They then hooked me up with a gas mask and told me to just breath, and then I was knocked out and they next thing I know I am in another room with a bunch of other people who just got out of surgery.  The surgery took approximately 3.5 hours, and I was in the recovery room for about 2 hours, then they took my to my room where I was staying where my family was waiting for me. I didn't eat that much most of the week while I was in the hospital, the food they gave me was kinda nasty.  So I stayed there until Wednesday.  They had a tube in my leg taking out the excess fluids.  I had a pain thing going into my body via the IV until Tuesday morning when they took that off.  I was in so much pain and I kept on asking for some pain medicine and it took them over an hour to bring it to me.  I got the pain medicine, Oxycodone, I was talking two 5mg of it every 4 hours, was also taking some regular strength tylenol in between that at the 2 hour marks because of the pain.  Then on Wednesday I got discharged at about 3:30 pm and then got back to my parents house at about 5:30 pm.

So the doctor has concluded that I do not have PVNS, I have Synovial Chondromatosis.  He said the surgery went really really well, everything came out fine and he believes he got it all.  I am allowed to walk on it, with crutches, putting as much weight on it as I can.  I got a home nurse and the home physical therapist that will be coming to check up on me.  I also got to have blood thinners injected into me via a needle, my sister will be doing that on days when the nurse isn't coming.  I go back and visit the doctor on January 4th, 2013 at 9:15 am and see what he all says.  I am hoping to be able to bend and move my knee soon, and then walk without crutches soon after that.  Below I have posted pictures of my surgery marks, they can cause your stomach to get all queasy if you look at it and it bothers you.

The scar on the front of my leg is stitched on the inside of my knee, has some kind of glue on it to hold it together, and has some sort of tape over it that will come off when I am showering, it will apparently start unrolling itself and come off then I just throw them away.

On the back of my knee he cut it in a S shape and there is just regular stitches that will need to be removed.

I also added a picture that he drew on my hospital bed before surgery, just thought that it was neat and I took a picture of it.  Also in the picture is just him writing on me knee, which is still there right now until I can wash it,

I am allowed to like sponge bath it and use a wash cloth but I can't take a shower until Saturday the 22nd.  I can wash all around my scars starting then and should be all good and happy and less stinky then.

I will leave the links for PVNS on here encase someone comes across my blog looking for information on PVNS.



No comments:

Post a Comment