Picture

Picture
Me, my wife Kayla, I am holding Ellie, she is holding Hannah.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

1 Year Later

So it has been a year since I had my last surgery on September 22, 2014.  So far it is still gone for the most part, there is still a piece lingering on the outer part of my leg, as shown in an X-Ray in May and a CAT scan I had earlier in September.  So I have to go back to the doctors once again in December and get another CAT scan to make sure that it is not getting any bigger.  Overall, I feel great, I did not even notice that there was something in my leg, and in my opinion, as long as it is not bother me, I would rather try to avoid having surgery again.  I just need this tendentious to go away, but I have been working out with a trainer and I have been feeling the best I have in over 3 years. I also believe that my leg may never get straight again, but between that and tendentious, it is way better than having surgery constantly.

Here is the results from the most recent CAT scan:

CT LWR EXTR WITHOUT CONTRAST RIGHT - Details

Narrative

CLINICAL HISTORY:
26-year-old male with osteochondral bodies seen on previous CR
imaging at lateral joint line and 04/15/2015.

TECHNIQUE:
Axial CT images of the patient's knee were obtained at 2.5 mm
intervals from the distal third of the femur through the proximal
tibia and fibula, examined on soft tissue and bone algorithm and used
as a basis for coronal and sagittal reformat images.

Comparison:
Previous CR imaging from 04/15/2015.

FINDINGS:
Multiple punctate areas of ossification are seen at the posterior
lateral aspect of the patient's knee joint prior CR imaging was
thought to represent multiple osteochondral bodies. There does not
appear to be an appreciable increase in the bodies compared to the CR
imaging from April of this year.

In addition, there is patchy osteopenia of the distal femur and tibia
which may be due to disuse or hyperemia.

There is mild narrowing of the medial compartment of the knee with
minimal osteophyte formation, and a similar degree of mild narrowing
and osteophyte formation of the lateral compartment and
patellofemoral compartment.

A small knee effusion is present. Extensor mechanism appears
unremarkable.

The coronal and sagittal reformatted images confirm the relationship
of the multiple osteochondral bodies at the posterior lateral aspect
of the knee with respect to the femur and tibia.

Impression

IMPRESSION:
No significant increase in multiple osteochondral bodies compared to
serial imaging from 05/15/2015.


So overall, it seems to be good news to me!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're OK. I've had 11 surgeries now, I used to run the SC forums but alas ran out of time and have recently had to shut the site down through lack of interest in someone else taking it on. Your story is a symbol of hope for those who think it's a disease for life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're OK. I've had 11 surgeries now, I used to run the SC forums but alas ran out of time and have recently had to shut the site down through lack of interest in someone else taking it on. Your story is a symbol of hope for those who think it's a disease for life!

    ReplyDelete