Picture

Picture
Me, my wife Kayla, I am holding Ellie, she is holding Hannah.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

7 Weeks Later

So this past Monday (yesterday), marks 7 weeks since I had surgery on my right knee.

Since my last doctors visit, I have been working out a little bit since I have been cleared to do anything I want to do.  I have been doing some physical therapy stuff (same stuff as before but with weights), doing an exercise video, and doing some resistance band workouts.

With physical therapy, I am using an ankle weight.  It can go up to 20 pounds, but I am only using 4 pounds right now.  My knee is starting to get better with it so I am going to try to bump it up to 8 pounds either tomorrow or Thursday when I do it again.

The exercise video I have been doing is the Nike+ Fitness Game on the Xbox 360 with the Kinect.  It seems to be pretty good, works all aspects of your body.  There is some things in the game that I still can't, or not do that well.  There is stuff to do on my knees, and since I don't got complete feeling in my right knee yet, it is kinda hard to balance on it, but I am getting better and more used to it.  There is also some 1 legged things to do, I can do a few of them then I kinda have to cheat and use both legs.  I can do the balance on my right leg fine, it is the hopping around on one leg that kinda gets to my knee and starts hurting.  I am also doing some squats among other things that are working good for my knee.

The band workout I do is mostly for my upper body, I am trying to get my muscle tone back up there.  I am doing these when the Nike+ Training is not on the strength parts.  I am going to add in some leg workouts next time I do the bands.  I figure I can add in squats, calf raises, dead lifts, among other things.

Overall, my knee has been sore this past week and a half.  Just from being back at work and exercising.  I guess that is good because it shows that I am working it more than I was doing and hopefully I can be back to normal in no time.  Every once in a while I need to take some sort of pain reliever because of the pain.  The back of my leg incisions hurt every once in a while, just feels like they are pulling.  But as you can see in the picture below, there is a scab at the top of the incisions so I think that is what is grabbing onto my pants and bothering me.  My knee is still swollen a little bit, I am trying to ice it every night after I am done working out to try and help the swelling to reduce.

Well another week down, and another week closer to being fully healed.  Also, another week closer until I get married to the greatest lady ever (besides my mom haha).  My next appointment is on March 8th, which I am sure that I will be in and out of there for the most part.

Below is pictures of my knee from about an hour ago.  I took pictures of the sides of my knee as well, not sure if you can see the swelling.  I also took pictures of my baloons, just because one is still afloat.






No comments:

Post a Comment