Picture

Picture
Me, my wife Kayla, I am holding Ellie, she is holding Hannah.

Monday, January 28, 2013

6 Weeks Later

So I went to the doctors on Friday, he said that everything looks good, I am walking good and everything.  I am allowed to do anything I want on with my knee, as long as it is not bugging me.  I can now go swimming and all that as well.  I am putting lotion on it to help with the dryness.

I started work again today, I am glad because I would rather be going to work than just staying at home and doing nothing.

My physical therapy is over, but I am going to be doing it on my own in my apartment.  I am allowed to start using weights so I am going to be doing the same exercises as before just with weights. I am just adding in squats and one leg stands.

I did get some news that did upset me a little, I got there, me and my Mom got to go in early because everyone was canceling because of the weather, I went and got X-rays on my knee.  When I got back to my room and the doctor pulled up my X-rays, he noticed that he missed a piece behind my knee.  He said that it could bother me in 5 years, or never.  He said that if the disease would come back in the front of my leg and would need removed, he would just remove the stuff in the back as well while he is at it.

I have another visit in 6 weeks, then I will have to have another visit 6 months from my surgery, which is in June.  Then another a year after my surgery.  I will have to visit him every year for the rest of my life to make sure that the disease does not come back or get worse.

I was hoping to go to the doctors right after my honeymoon is done in July, but he only has office hours on Wednesdays and Fridays, so I guess I got to do what I got to do.

So that is about it, below I have pictures of what my incisions look like 6 weeks later and some pictures of baloons that my grandma got 6 weeks ago and they are still afloat.  I will try to take pictures every week for a little bit to see the progress of my incisions.  The pictures are side ways for some reason...






No comments:

Post a Comment