Picture

Picture
Me, my wife Kayla, I am holding Ellie, she is holding Hannah.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

5 Weeks Later

So five weeks ago I was a in Pittsburgh waiting for morning to have surgery and now it is 5 weeks later.  Time kinda flew by and I am ready to work, just because being at home all day gets boring after a while.

I go to the doctors this Friday (25th), I will know then if I am able to drive and go back to work or not.  I am walking pretty normally and doing well at therapy.  At the beginning of each workout I have an electric current, or something like that, tape onto my quad to help me get it moving before I start my workout for about 10 minutes.  I am doing just some typical movement exercises: Stiff leg lifts (front, side, back), kicking my leg out (while dropped down over a ledge and with a coffee can sized thing underneath my knee), and doing leg curls while on my stomach.  I am also riding a bike two times at 5 minutes for a total of 10 minutes of riding a bike, I find it humorous that I am on a bike because when I noticed the disease I was riding my bike and I wrecked it.  I am also doing some calf raises to strength back up my right calf and then doing calf stretching.  Then they put a sleeve over my knee and some maching pumps in cold water starting at around 51 degrees Fahrenheit and it goes down to about 41 degrees over 10-15 minutes and I am done.

I will update this again on the weekend when I find out what I am allowed to do in the future and when and all that.  Some questions I am going to ask is these: When do you think I can have my knee submerged in water (for swimming and such), running, strengthing (like lifting weights), stretching, when I might get the feeling back in the right side of my knee, and anything else I can think of like those.

So I got all the taped strips off of my leg, below is the final pictures of what they look like, pictures were taken on January 17th.  The mark above my incision on the front of my leg was where they drainage hole was at, I believe it is filled in and almost healed for the most part.  I also still don't have feeling on the right side of my knee.



No comments:

Post a Comment