Picture

Picture
Me, my wife Kayla, I am holding Ellie, she is holding Hannah.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Stitches are out!!

So I just got back from Pittsburgh and my stitches are out.  I now got some of those strips on the back of my leg, that I have on the front of my leg, that will come off as time goes by.  The doctor said that it all looks good and I should be on schedule for healing.  I am not allowed to drive yet, I got to wait until my next appointment which is 3 weeks from today on Friday 1/25 and hopefully returning to work on the 28th.

I asked him about how often my disease occurs, he said it is about 1 in a million, but when he took mine out, it was literally as big as a hockey puck and came out in one piece, he said that's the first time he has ever experienced that.

He wants me to try to walk around my house without crutches but still use crutches when I am out and about, especially with it snowing out and being icy.  I am hoping now that my stitches are out, and I don't have to wear any wrapping around my knee anymore, that I can wear something other than sweatpants, and I know my fiance will be happy if I can look more decent when we go out, haha.

Well, here is my post stitches leg with the strips on the back of my leg.


No comments:

Post a Comment