Picture

Picture
Me, my wife Kayla, I am holding Ellie, she is holding Hannah.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Started outpatient Physical Therapy

So this past Tuesday, 1/8, I started outpatient physical therapy at Western PA Sports Medicine & Rehab Clinic in Johnstown, PA.  Today was my 2nd time going.  My knee actually feels a lot better after doing all that.  Today I did everything from Tuesday plus some.

I started out today's workout with some electrodes, or something like that, being injected into my quad muscle and loosening it up and I had to flex the quad muscle when it was tightening it up.  I then did some typical motions exercises, then I got to get on a bike to do some more motion exercises.  At first the bike was bothersome to my knee, but once I got going it felt good, I just had to keep on pulling up my shorts because they kept on rubbing the incision on the back of my leg.  I then did some calf stretches, then some more motion exercises, then back on the bike for the second time.  After that, I iced my knee and then I was done and came home.

I am able to start walking without crutches fairly well, starting to get up and down steps without my crutches, but I keep my crutches on hand just encase I would need them.  I can't walk down steps yet normally, I can only go one step at a time with both feet on both steps, but I can go up steps with one foot on each step.

The people up at Western PA want me to get pictures of my surgery so they can see what it looks like, because I am one of the first cases up there with synovial chondromatosis, and now there have been a few more people with cases like mine in different joints, but no where near as severe as mine was.

Below is some pictures of my incisions with most of the strips off of my leg.  I also might have said in the last blog post that I am taking Advil, I am taking Aleeve instead because I miss heard what the doctor said, and they said that all the strips coming off already is good.

On Saturday, January 12th, will be 175 days that I get to marry my best friend Kayla. :-)



Here is a picture of me and my Fiance's dog Ellie, she is 3/4 Black Lab and 1/4 German Shepard.  She lives with my fiance currently, but once we get married she will then be living with me as well.  Just thought that I would share because I don't think I showed any pictures of her yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment